Sunday, July 4, 2010

I

The song is on repeat. The world is blocked out. Emotions fill me. The mood is set once more, so here goes...



I am god. My word is law, my actions unquestionable. I follow my thoughts, they rule my life. I care for all but I cannot be forced to care. I am the sun, I go and come as I please, you can not stop me from my path. I am god, I listen to no one except one.

I've been called stubborn many times. I agree with everyone who says so. But it is all an illusion, I think I like to believe I am stubborn. I don't think I am though. I am god in my own mind, but not in reality. In reality I am putty, I get molded to suit the situation, to suit others. It used to be that I listened to only "one". That "one" now has turned into a plethora of suggestions and orders that I allow to mold me in to a different individual.

Experts will tell us that our surroundings dictate our "character". But when does this "character" stop from being ours? I look back four years, I may have the same core, I may yet be me. But I have given up so much that I regret now. Some probably akin it to me being mature, it probably is. But I fucking miss that kid, a kid that only surfaces around one person. And after that person is no longer here, I am afraid I will lose that kid too. Should I just let go? is "forever young" even possible in this modern era of ours? I struggle to figure out the parts of myself that I should hold on to and the parts I should let go.

I was god, I am now 22.

Adieu

PS: Major Deja vu

No comments:

Post a Comment