Thursday, June 17, 2010

Jesus greater than Vuvuzela

Its the season of the football world cup. The Africans are going crazy with their horns, annoyingly so if I might add. But it seems there is one thing that might be greater than those damn stupid horns. Jesus.

I just read today that a 60 something man was murdered by his 60 something wife and 2 children. That in it's self is a shocking story, but where it gets really unbelievable is what he was killed over. He went for the remote. After being denied the remote by his loving family, he then preceeded to get up and change channels manually to watch the World Cup. What was on the other channel? A gospel show. Yup, his family killed him because he changed the channel and didn't let them watch their religious show.

I respect religion on paper. Its teachings are truly good. But religion, like communism, is only good on paper. Leave it in the hands of a human being it is vile thing at times.

I don't want to condemn people who believe in their faiths, all to their own. I'm just losing hope on humanity as a whole. I once told my brother that I wish that by the time I die there would be enough technological advancements available so that I could freeze my brain and then have it revived 50-100 years later just to see where my species has gone. I believed that we would be incredibly advanced, peaceful, and maybe finally have understood the workings of this universe. Now, I don't think I want to see that future. I doubt it will be much different.

I'm sure it will be crazy good in some ways, but imagine if just knowing E=MC^2 created the atom bomb. What this brilliant but undoubtedly flawed species would come in once we do find that "theory of everything".

If believing in your own god can cause such havoc in this world, imagine if humans could actually play god. I just hope that whoever does eventually have the ability to play god has a heart of gold. I doubt it, but I hope so.

Human race: Fucking up since the time of the apes.

Adieu

No comments:

Post a Comment